Without question, one of Canterbury’s greatest strengths is its people. Healthy leadership is critical to the effectiveness of any organization, and Canterbury is no exception. Each Canterburian has spiritual gifts that are vital to building the Kingdom of Heaven that Jesus teaches about throughout the Gospels, and Canterbury is fortunate to have a team of talented lay leaders who help drive our mission of real grace and real love in the midst of real life.
Elected lay leadership at Canterbury works with pastors and senior staff to fulfill God’s mission of making disciples for the transformation of the world. There are so many opportunities at Canterbury to put your spiritual gifts into action. Contact us for more information on ways that you can make a difference in our church and community.
Rev. Keith Thompson
2023 Lay Leadership Committee Chairs
- Team Leader for Traditional Worship – Sally Yeilding
- Team Leader for Outreach – Lee Mallette
- Team Leader for Lucille Beeson Trust – Sue Brown
- Team Leader for Kids@Canterbury – Camille Herndon
- Team Leader for Youth Ministry – Michael and Cheryl Vann
- Team Leader for SAGE Ministry – Laura Sisson
- Team Leader for Communications – Betsy French
- President of United Methodist Women – Susan Yarbro